Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm leaving her, but she shall never leave me!

Yup! This is my final posting on "Musings about Music City". You see, dear reader, it's rather difficult to muse about events, people and venues in a burg where one no longer lives.

I've left Nashville to live about 55 miles to the northwest, in Clarksville. The move came Thursday afternoon the Ninth. Doors in Music City figuratively got slammed in my face, while the window up IH-24 flew open wide.

So I took the last train to Clarksville.

Okay, so it was a pick-up truck of an Eastwood Church family; I couldn't resist reference to my new home-town's most famous song!

I'm happy about the move and at peace in my new "digs" -- a home shared will four other military vets in transition. It will make marital reconciliation much simpler, since the wife lives here and not in Music City.

But yes, I will miss the old home-town. Especially I shall miss the frequent visits to Vanderbilt for library perusal or attendance at events like baseball games. NOTE: the Commodores beat the Beavers of Oregon State 11-1 Friday in the first of a best-of-three Super-Regional in Nashville!

Especially I shall miss close proximity to my music and radio-personality buddies and to a wide variety of music events (mostly freebies, too).

And most especially I shall miss every-Sunday attendance at dear Eastwood Christian Church (Disciples) and choir rehearsal on Wed. eves. Lord willing, I shall soon acquire trasportation to occasionally make that trip back down IH-24 to Music City USA.

But C'ville is where I need and ought to be. So with this, Yours Truly is signing off. The dear Lord of all be with y'all!

No comments: